Assam Police Unarmed Branch Sub Inspector Recruitment 2018
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for filling up of 130 existing vacancies in the rank of Sub-Inspector of Police (UB) in the pay scale of Rs. 14000- 49000 (Pay Band No. 2)plus Rs. 8700 Grade pay plus other allowances as admissible under the rules. Applications must be submitted online through the Assam Police website (www.assampolice.gov.in). The online application will be received with effect from 17-04-2018 and the last date of receiving application will be 17-05-2018. No application will be received thereafter.
Details of vacancies and reservation of Assam Police Unarmed Branch Sub Inspector Recruitment 2018
Total number of posts – 130. (One hundred and thirty)
- General (Unreserved) : (M-46, F-20) 66
- OBC /MOBC (27%) : (M-25, F-10) 35
- SC (7%) : (M-06, F-03) 09
- ST(H) – 5% (M-05,F-02) 07
- ST(P)- 10% (M-09,F-04) 13
Eligibility Criteria for Assam Police Unarmed Branch Sub Inspector Recruitment 2018
Nationality :Candidates must be Indian Citizen, ordinarily resident of Assam.
Age: Candidate should not be more than 24 years and less than 20 years of age as on 1st January 2018.(Candidate must be born on or before 01-01-1998 and on or after 01-01-1994).
Relaxation: Upper age limit is relaxable by 05 (five) years in case of candidates belonging to SC, ST (H) and ST (P).(Candidate must be born on or before 01-01-1998 and on or after 01-01-1989).
For the purpose of determining the age limit, the SLPRB will accept only the date of birth recorded in the Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate issued by a recognized education Board. No other documents relating to age such as horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporations, service records and the like will be accepted.
Educational qualification : The candidate must be a graduate in Arts, Science, Commerce or equivalent stream from a recognized College / Institutions affiliated to a recognized University.
Read also : Lakhimpur DC Office Junior Assistant Recruitment
Physical standards :
(i) Height (Minimum) Male Female
- Gen / OBC / MOBC / SC – Male : 162.56 cm, Female : 154.94 cm
- ST (H) / ST (P) Male : 160.02 cm, Female : 152.40 cm
(ii) Chest (Only for men) Normal Expanded
- Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC/ST (P)- Male : 80 cm, Female : 85 cm
- ST (H) – Male : 78 cm, Female : 83 cm
Medical Standards :
- General: Candidates must not have squint eyes, and should possess high colour vision. Varicose vein shall be considered a temporary disqualification. He/ She must be in good mental and physical health. He / She must be free from any physical deformities and free from diseases such as diabetes, hernia, piles, respiratory diseases or any other ailment that is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties.
- Eye Sight: The distant vision should be 6/6 for at least one eye and not poorer that 6/9 for the other without correction. Near vision should be normal.
How to Apply for Assam Police Unarmed Branch Sub Inspector Recruitment 2018
Applications must be submitted online through Assam Police website assampolice.gov.in . No other forms of application will be entertained. A facilitation center will be opened in the office of the District Superintendent of Police in each district with a staff to help the candidates in submitting online application. There is no application fee.
Candidates will be required to upload scanned copies of the following documents:
- Passport Size Photograph
i) Certificate of proof of age. (H.S.L.C. / equivalent Admit Card)
ii) Certificate of Caste / Tribe.
iii) Certificate of Graduation (BA / B. SC / B.Com or equivalent)
Selection Procedure Assam Police Unarmed Branch Sub Inspector Recruitment 2018 :
Candidates whose applications are found correct in all respects will be called for a written test which will be conducted in all the District Headquarters. The candidates will have to appear for the Written Test in the district of his/ her present residential address. The Chairman reserves the right to change the venue of the test and no representation etc. will be entertained in this regard. Before entering the examination center, biometrics of each candidate will be done.
Recruitment of 130 posts of Sub-Inspector (UB) 2018 Page 4 of 10 The written test will be of 100 marks and will be completely OMR based. There will be 100 questions and each question will be of 1 (one) mark. There will be negative marking of ½ mark for each wrong answer. The questions will be set in three parts (i) Logical reasoning, aptitude, comprehension (ii) Matters relating to History and Culture of Assam and India and (iii) General Knowledge. Candidates will use black or dark blue ball pen to answer the OMR based answer sheet. Duration of the test will be of3 (three) hours Candidates numbering only 5 times the number of posts in respect of each category (Unreserved, S.T. (P), S.T.(H), OBC/MOBC) both male & female will be called for PST (Physical Standard Test) and PET (Physical Efficiency Test) on merit basis. A list will be published in the Assam Police Website as well as in leading dailies of Assam
General Instruction of Assam Police Unarmed Branch Sub Inspector Recruitment 2018
- Canvassing directly or indirectly shall render such candidates unfit for the post.
- No TA / DA will be admissible to candidates for the journey and stay at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The selection list confers no right to appointment unless the department is satisfied about suitability of the candidate after a thorough medical examination and such enquiry and verification as may be considered necessary before appointment to the service / post.
- Candidates have to appear in all the stages of recruitment. If a candidate is absent from any stage / event, his / her candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidature will be summarily rejected at any stage of the recruitment process, if found not conforming to the official format / having incomplete information / wrong information/incomplete requisite certificate/misrepresentation of facts / impersonation.
- The select list will remain valid for appointment from date of announcement of the result for one year or till the date of next advertisement of similar post whichever is earlier.
- On appointment, the candidate shall be governed by the Assam Police Act, 2007 and Rules and Orders of the Government issued from time to time.
- Appointed persons shall be entitled to pension benefits as per the pension scheme existing at the time of appointment.
- The Chairman, SLPRB, Assam reserves the right to make changes or cancel or postpone the recruitment process on specific grounds.
- The physical tests are strenuous and candidates who are in proper medical condition only should take the tests. The SLPRB will not be liable for any injury or casualty suffered by a candidate during the tests due to any pre-existing medical condition of the candidate concerned.
- Fake documents / false information / misrepresentation of facts shall lead to rejection if detected at any stage before / after appointment and shall make the candidate liable to criminal proceeding as per existing law.
- Selected candidates shall have to sign an agreement whereby he / she will be required to serve a minimum period of 3 (three) years after successful completion of training or in default to refund the cost of training and travelling expenses paid by the government.
- Offering of bribe or any favour by a candidate or by any individual on behalf of any candidate is a criminal offence. Such an activity shall result in immediate disqualification of the candidature of that particular candidate.
- Candidates should mention their full / proper address with PIN Code.
- In case of any clarification, the decision of the Selection Board will be final.
- The number of posts (vacancies) are subject to change and appointment to such vacancies will be decided by the competent authority at the time of appointment, based on merit, category-wise as per the final merit list.
- The final appointment after selection is subject to satisfactory Police Verification Report and Final Medical Examination Report as per existing norms. In case Police Verification Report or Final Medical Examination Report is found unsatisfactory, the candidature of such candidates will be rejected outright.
- The rules & regulations, terms & conditions of training and afterwards will be applicable as prevalent in Assam Police.
For more details about the official advertisement of “Assam Police Unarmed Branch Sub Inspector Recruitment 2018“, please click here.
Search declaimer :
- Assam Police Unarmed Branch Sub Inspector Recruitment 2018