Last Date: 25/03/2017
Indian Air Force, India
Indian Air Force offers opportunities for UNMARRIED MALE INDIAN CITIZENS from the States of Assam (and Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh and Nagaland) to join as Airmen. The Recruitment Test for Group T (Non-Technical) (Indian Air Force (Security) (IAF(S)]} Trade will be held at Jorhat Stadium Complex & JB College of Commerce, Jorhat (Assam)
Name of post : Airmen in Group ‘Y’ (Non- Technical)
- No of posts : N/A
- Educational Qualification:
- Candidate should have passed Intermediate/10+2/Equivalent Examination in any stream/subjects approved by Central / State Education Boards with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
- Boards recognized/affiliated by Council of Boards for School Education (COBSE) will only be permitted.
- Exact aggregate % of marks before decimal as written in the marks sheet of 10+2/lntermediate/Equivalent OR calculated as per the rules of concerned Education Board will only be considered (For example 49.99% should be taken as 49% and not to be rounded off to 50%).
- Age: Candidates born between 07 July 1997 and 20 December 2000 (both days inclusive) are eligible to appear in the Recruitment Rally.
- Medical Standards:
- General Medical Standards are as follows: –
- Chest: Minimum range of expansion: 5 cm
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age.
- Corneal Surgery (PRK/LASIK) not acceptable.
- Hearing : Candidate should have normal hearing i.e. able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters with each ear separately.
- Dental: Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum 14 dental points
- Health: Candidate should be of normal anatomy without loss of any appendages. He should be free from all communicable diseases and skin ailments. Candidate must be physically and mentally FIT to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain.
- Height, Leg Length, Visual Standards and Colour Vision are as follows:
- Height: 152.5 cm
- Leg length: Not applicable
- Visual Acuity: Unaided visual acuity of 6/6
- Maximum limits of Ref Error: Not applicable
- Colour Vision: CP-II
- General Medical Standards are as follows: –
- Body Tattoo: Permanent body tattoos only on inner face of the fore arms (inside of elbow to the wrist), Back (dorsal) part of the hand/reverse side of palm and Tribals with tattoos which are as per custom and traditions of their tribes only are permitted. However, right to decide on acceptability/ unacceptability of the individual rests with the Selection Centre. Candidates with permanent body tattoos are to submit a photograph of the tattoo with details of size and type of the Tattoo.
Verification of Eligibility:
- Original Certificates, Marks Sheets and other required applicable original documents like NCC ‘A’, ‘B’ or ‘C certificate, Son of serving Indian Air Force personnel (SOAFP) certificate (or) PPO, Discharge Book, Service Certificate issued from AFRO/DAV for Sons of retired/deceased/discharged Indian Air Force personnel (or) Discharge Certificate (if discharged from Army/Navy/Govenment organisation), Consent Form, signed by parents if candidate below 18 years of age, and passport size colour photographs will be required and scrutinized/verified at the examination venue prior to commencement of Physical Fitness Test to ascertain the eligibility prima-facie.
- Detailed verification will be carried out later in respect of candidates who pass Physical Fitness Test and subsequently the Written Test.
- Candidature of those who do not meet the laid down educational criteria will be rejected during Initial verification of original certificates & mark sheets prior to conduct of Physical Fitness Test and also during detailed verification on clearing the Physical Fitness Test as well as Written Test.
- The original Passing Certificates / Marks Sheets will not be retained by the Selection Centre. The same will be returned to the candidates on completion of detailed verification.
SEQUENCE OF EXAMINATION:
Group T (Non-Technical) IAF(S) Trade.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT): Firstly, Candidates are to undergo PFT which consists of a 1.6 Km run to be completed within 5 minutes 40 seconds. Candidates will also have to complete 08 Chin-ups (The candidate is to hang from a bar with under-grip and pull his body upwards till the chin clears the bar. He is to lower the body until the elbows are completely straight and the body is in the ‘dead hanging’ position), 20 Bent-Knee Sit-ups and 20 Push-ups (plank type) to qualify in the Physical Fitness Test.
Note:Candidates are advised to bring their sports shoes and shorts.
- Written Test: All candidates who qualify PFT will have to undertake Written Test. The Written Test will be active type and question paper will be bilingual (English & Hindi) except for English paper. Detailed procedure shall be explained before conduct of the examination. Duration of the written test will be 45 minutes and will comprise of English as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA) CANDIDATES ARE TO QUALIFY IN EACH PAPER SEPARATELY. Results of the written test will be declared on the same day.
- Adaptability Test-1: All candidates who pass the Written Test will have to undertake Adaptability Test-1 which is to assess suitability of a candidate for employment in the IAF which involves deployment in varied geographic terrain, weather and operational conditions.
- Adaptability Test-2 All candidates who pass Adaptability Test-1 will have to undertake Adaptability Test-2 as per policy in vogue. Adaptabil¬ity Test-2 is to identify suitable candidates with requisite comprehension and communication ability.
- Medical Examination: Candidates who qualify Adaptability Test-2 will be medically examined in the month of July 2017 Medical Examination will be conducted by Indian Air Force Medical Team as per IAF medical standards and existing policy in vogue. Medical Examination would also include Baseline Investigation of: –
- Blood Haemogram – Hb, TLC, DLC
- Urine RE/ME
- Biochemistry:- (i) Blood Sugar Fasting & PP, (ii) Serum Cholesterol, (iii) Urea, Uric add, Creatinine, (iv) LFT—Serum Bilurubin, SGOT, SGPT
- X- Ray chest (PA view)
Candidates declared Medically Unfit can avail the option for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) against their Unfitness by depositing Rs. 40/- in a Government Treasury/RBI/SBI through Military Receivable Order (MRO). The application for AMB along with original copy of MRO, photocopy of Unfitness Certificate are to be submitted to the representative of 11 Airmen Selection Centre within three working days of Medical examination.
How to apply:
Candidates are to bring the “Consent Form’ to the Rally Venue (Air Force Station Guwahati, Borjhar, Assam) and submit it before the Physical Fitness Test. Candidates below 18 years of age are to get the Consent form filled and signed by their parent/guardian. The candidates of 18 years of age and above can sign the consent form themselves.
The Recruitment Test will be conducted from 6 AM onwards as per the details given below. Candidates [from States of Assam, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh and Nagaland] fulfilling the domicile requirements and eligibility conditions reporting up to 10 AM on 25 March 2017 at Jorhat Stadium Complex, Jorhat, Assam (Rally Venue) will only be permitted to appear in the Recruitment Test. Note: The Recruitment Test is not for selection as Commissioned Officers/ Pilots/Navigators.
Candidates will have to undergo Physical Fitness Test followed by Written Test, Adaptability Test -1 and Adaptability Test – 2 on the same day or the subsequent day.
Date of Examination:
25/26 March 2017 and 27 March 2017 (Reserve Day).
All Districts of States of Assam, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh and Nagaland.
Publishing of Result:
- The All India Select List (AISL) will be displayed at 11 Airmen Selection Centre, VIP Chowk, Borjhar, Guwahati (Assam) – 81 015 on 31 October 2017. Copies of the Display List will also be sent to all District Magistrates of Capital of participating States (through Airmen Selection Centre) and will also be available at Central Airmen Selection Board website www.airmenselection.gov.in.
- The inclusion of names of the candidates in the AISL depends upon the performance of the candidates in the Rally.
- Inclusion of name in the All India Select List (AISL) does not guarantee automatic enrollment. Enrollment is strictly in order of merit from the AISL subject to medical fitness, availability of vacancies, not exceeding the age of 21 years on date of enrollment and meeting other laid down eligibility criteria as and when called for enrollment.
- The validity of AISL will be 12 months from the date of display and will be applicable only for Intakes No. 01/2018 & 02/2018.
Please Click Here to go to the Original Advertisement.