Last Date: 24/05/2017
Gramin Dak Sevaks, India Post
Applications are invited by the respective appointing authority against the post listed below, from eligible candidates for the selection and engagement to the posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks under North-East Circle as listed below :
Name of the Post: Gramin Dak Sevaks
Total No. of Post: 748 posts ( UR: 372, OBC: 34, SC: 43, ST: 299 )
Name of the Divisions & No. of Post:
|Name of the State||No. of Post|
- The candidate should pass 10th standard from approved state boards by the respective State Govt. / Central Govt. The state wise list of approved boards is at Annexure ‘A’.
- No weightage will be given for possessing any qualification(s) higher than the mandatory educational qualification.
- The Candidate passed 10th class examination in first attempt will be treated as meritorious against those passed compartmentally.
- The candidate should have computer knowledge and will be required to furnish basic computer training certificate for at least 60 days from a recognized Computer Training Institute. Certificates from Central Government/ State Government/ University/ Boards etc., will also be acceptable for this purpose.
- The requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Class X or Class XII or higher educational qualification provided the candidate submits a certificate of Class X or Class XII or higher educational qualification in which he/she has studied computer as a subject.
- The minimum and maximum age for the purpose of engagement to Gramin Dak Sevaks posts shall be between 18 and 40 years as on the last date of submission of application through online.
- The maximum age shall be relaxable by 03 (three) years to those belonging to OBC categories and 05 (five) years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST. [10 years for PH above the respective category]
How to Apply:
- Candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself in the portal through indiapost.gov.in or appost.in/gdsonline with the basic details to obtain the Registration Number.
- Any candidate will be allowed to register only one time in the portal. With this registration number he may apply to any of the Circles or any number of optional posts. Candidate should not attempt willful duplicate registrations since duplicate registration entitles disqualification of the registration.
- Applicant of category OC/OBC Male should pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred) at any Head Post Office. Candidate who requires to make the payment has to visit any Head Post Office to make the payment. For making the payment candidate should inform Registration Number at the PO Counter.
- However, fee payment is exempted for all Female and SC/ST candidates. They may apply online directly through the provided link in the Website.
Note : Click Here to Apply Online