Last Date : 26/05/2017
AFPF Constable Job in Assam
Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of AFPF Constable under Assam Forest Protection Force (AFPF) as detailed below by Office Of The Principal Chief Conservator Of Forest & Head Of Forest Force, Assam :
- Name of the post : AFPF Constable only for Kaziranga National Park
No. of post : 90 Nos. [General- 72, SC-5, ST(H)- 13]Place of Posting : to be deployed only in Kaziranga National Park (KNP). Preference shall be given to the candidates from adjoining areas of KNP from districts of Golagaht, Nagaon, Karbi Anglong East, Biswanath and Sonitpur. The AFPF Constable recruitment process for Post A shall be conducted only at Bokakhat, Golaghat District.
- Name of the post : AFPF Constable
No. of post : 42 Nos. [General- 34, SC-2, ST(H)- 6]Place of Posting : Throughout Assam.
Pay Band 2 for Post A and Post B :
Rs.5200 – to Rs.20200/ -with Grade Pay of Rs. 2200/-P.M. plus other allowances as admissible under the Rules.
Eligibility Criteria for both Post A and Post B :
In order to appear in the AFPF Constable recruitment tests candidates must satisfy the following criteria :
- Nationality : Candidate must be Indian citizen;
- Age : 18 to 25 years as on 1st January of 2017 (that is, the candidate must be born on or before
01/01/1999 and after 01/01/1992. Relaxation of upper age limit by 5 years in respect of candidates belonging to SC, ST(P) and ST(H) candidates.
- Education Qualification : HSLC or Class X passed from a recognised Board.
- Physical standards :
Height (Minimum) Male Female Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC 162.56 cm 154.94 cm ST(H)/ST(P) 160.02 cm 152.40 cm Chest (Only for men) Normal Expanded Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC 80 cm 85 cm ST(H)/ST(P) 78 cm 83 cm
- Medical Standards : Candidates must not have knocked knee, flat foot or squint in eyes, and they should posses high colour vision. Varicose vein shall be considered a temporary disqualification. They must be in good mental and bodily health. They must be free from any physical deformities and free from diseases such as diabetes, hernia, piles, respiratory diseases or any other ailment that is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties.
HOW TO APPLY :
(A) Only online applications shall be acceptable, from 11:00 hrs on 17th April 2017 through the Assam Forest website www.assamforest.in and shall be acceptable upto the midnight of 26th May 2017. All online applicants will get an acknowledgment slip with an ID number which can be printed and will also get the information through SMS and e-mail. A candidate whose application is found to be in order shall be called for Physical Tests. Candidates will be able to download from the website their Admit card/ Call Letter with ID number, date & time, with stage of AFPF Constable recruitment. Date wise list of candidates, showing only ID nos will be published in the Assam Forest website. The information will also be sent by SMS to the mobile number furnished and to the email address. A Candidate gets eliminated from the recruitment process as soon as he/she fails to qualify in any Physical Standard Test (PST) or Physical Efficiency Test (PET). A candidate may have to take the PETs in any sequence. No offline applications would be accepted.
Post A : PST/PET and Written Test only at one venue i.e. Bokakhat town, Golaghat District.
Post B : PST/PET and Written Test shall be conducted at the nearest District HQ/ town.
- Individual statement of marks signed by the candidate and the examiner conducting the race/tests
will be given to the candidates. This will be given to a candidate when he/she is eliminated from test or on completion of all the Tests as the case may be. Marks for extra-curricular activities and special
skills will not be announced instantly as this may involve further verification of information.
- Video recording with date/time stamp of the PST and PET events for each candidate would be
undertaken. Performances will also be announced through PA (Public Address) system.
- All Candidates shall be subjected to biometric recordings for identification.
- Results of the PST and PET will be locally displayed at the end of each day of test. However,
candidates shall have no claim or right to appear in the Written Test merely on the ground that they
secured the minimum qualifying standards in the PST and PET. After completion of the PST and PET
for all the candidates, merit lists for each category [Gen, OBC, MOBC, SC, ST(P), ST(H) for both men
and women] will be prepared on the basis of the total marks scored on PET. Candidates will be called
for the Written Test in order of merit at the rate of 5 (five) times the number of posts allotted in
respect of each category. If the total number of qualifying candidates turns out to be less than 5 times
the number of posts, all qualifying candidates but no other will be called for the written test. If there
are candidates scoring the same marks in PET as the last candidate selected for the Written test by
the 5 times formula in a particular case, the candidates scoring the same marks will also be called for
the written examination, and therefore the number may exceed the 5 times to that extent for that
particular case and category only.
(B) Written Test : Written test will consist of 50 multiple choice type questions to be answered on an OMR answer sheet. For each correct answer the candidate will get half a mark. Questions will be of the level of class IX and X. Total marks for the written Test will be 25.
|1. Extra-curriculum activities and special skills:||Max Marks 2.5|
|2. Educational qualification:||Max Marks 2.5|
|3. NCC/Home Guard/ Sports/Casual Worker of Forest Department:||Max Marks 7.5|
|Diploma/technical qualification from ITI/polytechnic or other recognized Institute, or in computer|
application from a recognised/ accredited Institute:
|Max Marks 2.5|
(C) Documents, testimonials/caste certificate, etc. are to be uploaded with the application form :
However, when the candidate reports at the venue on the date and time for Physical Standard Test and Physical Efficiency Test, he/she must bring all essential documents in original along with one set of attested photocopies of the same. Any incorrect information or document submitted which is not genuine may disqualify a candidate at any stage and may also render him liable to criminal prosecution. Original documents of a candidate may be put to check at any later stage of the recruitment process also.
(D) The application fee : is Rs.250/ for General Candidates, Rs.150/- for SC/ST/OBC/MOBC candidates, and NIL for BPL candidates (BPL Card holders only, Ration Cards not acceptable). The fee is to be paid online during the form submission.
(E) Incomplete/defective/invalid application will be summarily rejected.
(F) Testimonials/documents to be submitted when appearing in Tests: The candidates should bring a set of attested photocopies along with the originals of the following documents/materials for verification by the Selection Committee on the date of their Test.
- Certificate of proof of age
- Certificate of HSLC or equivalent examination
- Mark-sheet of HSLC or equivalent examination
- Certificate of additional qualifications such as Diploma from ITI or other recognised/accredited institute
etc (if any).
- Certificate of sports, game etc. (if any).
- Experience certificate of serving in Home guards/Casual worker in Forest Dept and of NCC certificate (if
- Certificate of caste from the competent authority in respect of the candidates belonging to ST
(P)/ST(H)/SC/OBC & MOBC.
- 2 (two) copies of passport size recent photographs.
- Printed receipt/ reference number with date of online payment made.
- BPL Card (only for BPL candidates seeking application fee exemption, Ration Card not acceptable).
SELECTION PROCEDURES :
Candidates whose applications are found correct in all respect will have to undergo the Physical Standards Tests (PST) and Physical Efficiency Tests (PET). If any candidate is found to have any physical deformity to be detected by the Medical Officer present in the Selection Board, he/she will be debarred from participating in the other tests. Marks for PET will be awarded for the PETs in the manner shown below :
|MALE CANDIDATES||FEMALE CANDIDATES||MAXIMUM MARKS||QUALIFYING MARKS|
|1600 meters race||1200 meters race||15||8|
|100 meters Sprint||80 meters Sprint||15||8|